Coaches Expectations of Athletes and Parents
Coaches will establish and review with their athletes the following information:
- The athlete’s first responsibility is to academic work.
- The athlete is responsible for any class work missed because of athletic involvement.
- If the athlete must remain with a teacher after school for class work, additional help, or classroom discipline, it is the responsibility of the athlete to inform the coach before practice.
- Time and location
- Equipment requirement
- Excuses from practice
- Entry and departure from building procedures
- Locker room responsibilities
- Expected responses to a coach’s whistle or instructions
- Commitment to teammates
- Pre and Post Game Procedures
- Transportation arrangements
- Time and Location to report
- Responsibilities while awaiting game time
- Care of Equipment
- Procedures when entering and leaving opponent’s school
- Parents will be provided practice and game schedules
- Parents will be informed of equipment needs
- Parents will be personally informed of unacceptable attitude or behavior on part of their child
- Parents will be informed if their child resigns from a team
Game Day Release from Class
In order to participate in practice or contests, the participants must be in attendance at school the full day of such practice or contest. Release time for students to travel to out of town events should be no more than 15 minutes before actual departure time.
Students participating in events at other local middle schools will need to make arrangements prior to dismissal
with teachers of missed classes. Due to bussing schedule issues, other local schools may miss an excess of class time, therefore, Seven Peaks School families can make arrangements with the other schools to for separate transportation if desired.
Concerns about practices, player conduct, coaching issues, absence, etc., should first be brought to the coach’s attention. If concerns are not met by the coach or coaching staff they can then be brought to the school’s athletic director for review. The concerned party(ies) will be notified within three working days of the decision made by the athletic director or administration.