Wednesday, September 7th is just around the corner and the classroom is ready! It was great to see a bunch of you at the Teacher Meet and Greet on Thursday! Here are a few last-minute reminders as you gear up for the first day:
- Please remember to pack your child a healthy morning snack. Afternoon snack is optional. NOTE: we have a student with severe nut/seed allergies. Please make sure all snacks are nut free. However, at lunch time we have a nut free table so if you would like to pack your child nut products that is fine.
- If your child is interested in hot lunch, please log in to Food4All HERE to pre-order.
- Please ensure that your child’s lunch box, backpack, and clothing items are marked with their name. So often, students misplace these items and they end up in another classroom or lost and found.
- PE will be on Mondays and Wednesdays this year…feel free to have your child keep a pair of tennis shoes in his/her cubby on these days so they can participate.
- School starts at 8:15 and ends at 3:05. Please plan to pick up your child from the classroom.
- My office hours this year will be Tuesdays from 12:30-2:00pm. Sign-ups will be available soon on Signup.com (formerly VolunteerSpot). I am available to meet other days/times as well so please let me know if this time frame doesn’t work for you.
- Mark your calendar for our Elementary Back-to-School Night on Thursday, 9/15. There will be a parent social from 5:00-5:30 followed by elementary sessions from 5:30-6:00 and 6:00-6:30. The large group meeting will be held in the gym from 6:30-7:15 pm. Childcare is available.
- Second Grade Instructional Assistant
Joining us in Second Grade will be Diane Dedrick!
- Diane has been a substitute Educational Assistant in Bend schools for five years.
- Prior to that she held various positions in schools in New Mexico and Colorado.
- B.A. Whitman College
- M.A.T. Dartmouth College
- Her passion: helping students along in their educational journey.
- Her and her husband have two children.
Together, we look forward to working with your child and helping him/her grow to their fullest potential!